Elmcrest Employment Services provides person-centered support to assist young adults with disabilities to become prepared for the workforce and achieve gainful employment in the community.
Each youth is partnered with a trained employment consultant to discover skills and abilities, career explore within their community, create community experiences, build independence and develop work skills.
Employment services include:
- Employment Training Program (ETP)
- Provides job readiness training, internships and job placement supports to young adults so they may reach personal and career goals.
- Supported Employment (SEMP)
- Includes intensive job development and coaching services for youth to sustain paid employment in the community.
- Pre Voc
- The goal of this service is to develop non-specific tasks and specific skills that enhance one’s ability to become a contributing member of his/her community.
- Pathway to Employment
- Employment planning and support service that provides assistance to young adults to obtain, maintain, or advance in meaningful employment or self-employment.
Participation in Employment Services requires eligibility from the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (NYS OPWDD) and enrollment in the Home and Community Based Medicaid Waiver.
Referrals to Elmcrest are made through Medicaid Service Coordinators (MSC).
For more information, please contact Elmcrest Disability Services at 315-492-9990 x228.